Once upon a time, specialty furniture and equipment were painstakingly constructed by skilled tradesmen who dedicated a lifetime to their craft. Today, in the era of mass production, instant gratification, and the pursuit of lowering costs above all else, cheap goods easily flood the market, and the value of quality and craftsmanship has fallen by the wayside.
We at LoctekMotion know this move towards cheap, mass-produced goods only hurts the customer, so we’ve vowed to bring back the craftsman’s pride and attention to detail manufacturers were once known for to produce the highest quality product possible.
Our Promise – Down to Each Individual Screw
Our commitment to quality is reflected in every stage of manufacturing, down to the sourcing of each individual screw. At other factories, screws may just be visually inspected to guard against any corrosion, stains, tarnishing, or other impurities before they are included in the product. However, at LoctekMotion, every batch must undergo severe screening to make sure that it meets our highest standards before it will be included in any LoctekMotion product. In addition to a visual inspection, the following steps are also taken:
- Measurements – Diameter, length, thread, and pitch are measured to ensure uniformity and compatibility.
- Tensile strength – The screw is stretch tested to ensure safety; an M8 coarse-thread screw must meet a load requirement of ≥29.2 kN, for example.
- Torsional stiffness – Torque is applied and the stiffness is measured; an ST8 size screw must meet a force requirement of >280 kgf.cm, for example.
- Corrosion resistance – All screws must withstand a salt spray test for at least 72 hours, in addition to a smoke test, to ensure each screw will not corrode or rust. Our testing shows that tests of this level will ensure a screw will remain corrosion-free for at least 3 years in the wild.
- X-ray fluorescence spectrometry – Tests for harmful substances such as lead and mercury. For example, a screw must have a lead content of less than 99 ppm and a cadmium content of less than 100 ppm to ensure that it remains safe to use and environmentally friendly.
Our attention to detail down to the screw guides our entire business model, and allows us to produce the highest quality products on the market. Are high standards important to you as well? Feel free to send us your thoughts!